The state of Saxony-Anhalt is located in central Germany and has a rich cultural background as well as an old industrial tradition of more than a hundred years. The capital city is Magdeburg, which is more than 1200 years old. Next to Magdeburg the cities of Halle and Dessau are the most important cities of the region. A fifth of the 3 million inhabitants live in one of these three cities. After the reunion of East and West Germany, Saxony-Anhalt with its complex street and waterways as well as one of the most dense rail-systems grew to become one of the most important traffic-crossroads connecting the east with the west and the north with the south.
The State of Saxony-Anhalt is also one of the most traditional Industrial areas in Germany. The main industries are found in the fields of Chemical, Mechanical Engineering and Food Production as well as Logistics. At the same time Saxony-Anhalt offers comprehensive technical support for the development of new enterprises.
In addition, education is of major importance and therefore, numerous qualified employees are available.
Representation of the Federal State of Saxony-Anhalt in the PR China
Due to the close business relations between China and Germany, the state of Saxony-Anhalt opened their first delegation office in Shanghai in 1995.
Major duties of the delegation are:
- Market information, evaluation of Chinese market potential of products and services offered by companies from Saxony-Anhalt
- Consultation and support services for more than 250 companies from Saxony-Anhalt
- Procurement of business partners, sales representatives, suppliers and so forth
- Consultation and support for establishing business relationships with potential Chinese business partners, escort and arrangement of business meetings
- Display of brochures and informative literature within the office of the Delegation of German Industry & Commerce Shanghai; forwarding of this information and material to interested parties
- Multifaceted assistance in arrangement and execution of official visits by representatives of the Federal State of Saxony-Anhalt
- Regular excursions to Saxony-Anhalt, arranging periods of consultation
- Establishing cooperation in the fields of research and development, education and further training
- Organisation of Chinese delegations to Saxony-Anhalt, coordination with on-site partners of the representation