Pinghu (National Level) Economic & Technological Development Zone
The City of Pinghu is located in the heart of Yangtze River Delta. It is a neighboring city of China’s financial center, Shanghai. The driving distant from Pinghu to Shanghai city center is merely 70 km. With this unique location and solid foundation, Pinghu has great advantages in transportation, economy and market. There are nearly 700 enterprises in PETDZ by now, among of which more than 200 foreign-funded enterprises. The total investment is about 2.8 billion USD. PETDZ has been listed the “Top Ten” economic development zone of Zhejiang province since 2001! Pinghu Economic & Technological Development Zone has been promoted to a national level development zone in Jan. 2013.
Pinghu is located between Shanghai and Hangzhou
- 75 km to Shanghai Inner Elevated Ring Road
- 110 km to Hangzhou city center
- 100 km to Suzhou
- Shanghai Pudong International Airport:100km through Shanghai-Hangzhou Expressway or Hangzhou Pudong Expressway, 70min drive
- To Shanghai Hongqiao Airport: 72km, 50min drive
- Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport: 120km, 80min’drive
- To Shanghai International Shipping Center(Yangshan Seaport) 90km
- Zhapu Port:14km
- Shanghai Wusong port:110km
- Ningbo Port:120km
- G60 Shanghai-Hangzhou Expressway
- S11 Zhapu-Jiaxing-Suzhou Expressway
- G15 Hangzhou-Pudong Expressway
- S7/G92 Hangzhou Bay Ring-Road Expressway
- Jiashan South High-Speed Train Station: 8km
Optical-Machinery-Electronics & Auto Components are the major industries in PEDZ. It accounts 30% of total output. In 2011, total revenue of Pinghu Optical Machinery Industry has achieved 15.68 billion RMB. Important role of German companies continue to play in Pinghu’s economic development.
Bio-Pharmaceutics After years of growth, the Bio-Technology Park of Pinghu has developed into a modern high-tech industrial park with leading pharmaceutical companies, medical supply manufactures and research & development centers.
Food Processing Worldwide leading food processing enterprises have showed special interest in our zone, such as Cargill, Mitsubishi, SSK, and Morinaga. Many have showed strong desires to make further investment due to the successful performance.