Our economic data sheets inform about key values of the bilateral trade and German investment in China.
The China Economic Outlook reports reveal a variety of significant key figures as well as an overview on the political and economic situation in China to enable an assessment of the current status and provide a foundation for all future prognosis.
Economic Data Sheet February 2019
- China’s foreign trade expanded by 4.0% after 5.8% contraction in 2018 December
- At 49.5 and 48.3 respectively, official and Caixin manufacturing PMI diverged as the former improved and the latter deteriorated
- Reading 0.1%, producer price index continued putting pressure on corporations
Economic Data Sheet January 2019
- Fixed asset investment grew by 5.9% y/y, the same as November
- Retail sales grew 8.2% y/y, up by 0.1% from November; 2018 retails posted 9.0% y/y, lower than 2017's 10.2%
- Industrial production grew by 5.7% y/y, up by 0.3% from November
- German investment posted another spike in December of $0.85bn, leading to a new high of $3.68bn in 2018
China Economic Update Q4 2018
- The report reveals a variety of significant key figures as well as an overview on the economic situation in China to enable an assessment of the current status and provide a foundation for all future prognosis.
- Fourth quarter GDP growth came in at 6.4%, slightly short of expectations. Nevertheless, 2018 GDP growth came to 6.6%.
- The negative effects from US tariffs finally sank in, dragging down foreign trade while import decelerated faster than export.
- Consumer price inflation settled at moderate 2.1%, producer price increases however, fell sharply.
- Service sector and retail sales continued growing, however with slower pace.
Economic Data Sheet December 2018
- Total retail growth at 8.1% in November recorded a new low since 2003
- Fixed assets investment so far this year grew by 5.9%, up by 0.2% from Jan-Oct period while down by 1.3% from 2017 same period
- China’s imports and exports slowed down to 3.0% y/y and 5.4% y/y respectively