German Chamber Board Elections 2018: Nominate Candidates until January 24th
The German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai will elect a new Board of Directors on March 29th, 2018. We invite each member of the German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai who is qualified to vote, to nominate candidates for the election of the Board of Directors.A
Election to the Board of Directors of the German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai on Thursday March 29th, 2018
Invitation to Nominate Candidates
All Corporate and Individual Members of the German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai who have paid all past and current membership fees for 2018 are considered eligible voters and may nominate candidates.
The nominated candidates shall be representatives of Corporate Members of the German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai. Consistent with the Chamber's Statutes, Individual Members (including Young Professionals), Special Members, Honorary Members and Associate Members cannot stand for election to the Board.
In accordance with the Chamber’s Statutes, eligible candidates have to meet the following criteria:
- They are representatives of Corporate Members.
- They have a good standing in German-Chinese business relations.
- They shall not at the same time serve as a member of a Board of Directors of another German regional chamber in China.
- They are willing to accept the nomination and to assume the task to serve on the Board. One term lasts two years.
- They are German or English speaking.
Nomination proposals should be submitted in writing (email or postal) to either the Executive Director of the German Chamber of Commerce Shanghai Ms. Simone Pohl, or to the Executive Chamber Manager Dr. Sigrid Winkler, by Wednesday January 24th, 2018, 5 pm at the latest.
The German Chamber will then inquire whether the proposed candidates fulfill the criteria laid out above. They will be put on the list of candidates only if they are qualified as described.
Should you wish to nominate candidates, please make sure that the time limit stated above is met. Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
With kind regards,
The German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai Team
Further information about the Election to the Board of Directors of the German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai on March 29th, 2018
- The new Board of Directors of the German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai shall be composed of 9 members, 8 of which will be elected. The ninth member of the Board is the representative of the Delegation Shanghai, in her role as Executive Director of the Chamber, according to articles 10.1, 10.2.a and 11.1.c of the Statutes of the German Chamber Commerce in China | Shanghai.
- Former members of the Board of Directors may be running again.
- Each member of the Chamber entitled to vote can propose candidates for the election of the Board of Directors. The proposals must reach the German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai in writing (by mail or email to Ms. Simone Pohl or Dr. Sigrid Winkler) by Wednesday, January 24th, 5 pm at the latest. The German Chamber then contacts the individuals proposed to see whether they are willing to accept the nomination and to assume the task to serve as a Member of the Board of Directors. Only if such readiness exists, the proposed persons will be put on the list of candidates.
- Eligible candidates will then be contacted to record a short candidate video and to publish a candidate portrait in the election brochure. As eligible candidate, please block February 1st to 7th, 2018, for the video recording. Options for specific dates will be communicated.
- The election of the Members of the Board of Directors is by secret ballot.
- The newly chosen Board of Directors then elects its office holders, i.e. Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson and Treasurer.