Business of the visa department
visa department accept only the private passport, all types of the visas apply to all Chinese and foreign applicants. The residence place of applicants must be in shanghai consular area, includes the following provinces: Shanghai, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui)
we can assist you to apply for the different visa of U.S.A., U.K., Canada, Australia, Japan and other countries)
According to the decision of the German Embassy in China, since November 1 2012, the German Industry & Commerce Taicang Co., Ltd. Shanghai Branch, which belongs to Delegation of German Industry & Commerce, will only accept business visa applications of employees of the member companies, including the application of their spouses and children under adult age. Applicant interviews are not needed. Prior appointment is also not necessary. From Monday to Friday-8:40-11:00 and 13:00-16:00 they may submit documents directly. Applicants may personally visit, or entrust others in behalf. If others are entrusted to submit documents, they need to provide a power of attorney signed by the applicant personally.
Schengen Business Visa
The following persons working at the member companies of the German Chamber of Commerce in China including their spouses and children under adult age residing in the administration area of the German Consulate General in Shanghai(Shanghai, Anhui, Jiangsu and Zhejiang Province) may submit visa applications to the German Industry & Commerce Taicang Co., Ltd. Shanghai Branch which belongs to Delegation of German Industry & Commerce, from now on, if they apply for the business travel visa for the main destination country Germany:
Schengen visas (if there is no other attached note) are allowed access all the "Schengen States" (Belgium, Denmark, German, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, the Czech Republic and Hungary).
Possession of a Schengen visa does not mean to have the legal rights to enter the land. Final decision lies by the border police when entering the Schengen area.
Apart from passport and a valid visa, by the entry you may also be asked to show evidence documents for the residence money, days of stay, purposes and medical insurance. So you should bring a photocopy of your visa application (original copy of medical insurance, such as the original letter of economic guarantee if existing) on the road.
The main destination state of the travel is responsible for accepting applications (but not necessarily the first Schengen state which you enter!）.
Normally up to 90 days residence is allowed for every half year. In special circumstances which must be individually approved, such as training, according to employment provisions, only 90 days residence each year is allowed. (If you plan to stay for a longer time, you must apply for a long term visa which needs the approval of the relevant foreigner administration bureau.）
Please note: The premise for the business visa application is that during the period of residence most of the time is used to handle business matters. Otherwise you must apply for visa for visiting friends and relatives or tourism visa (see the relevant guidelines of German Consulate General in Shanghai).
Visas applicants are required to submit the following documents to the German Industry & Commerce Taicang Co., Ltd. Shanghai Branch:
1. A complete online application form which is filled in with computer and personally autographed by the applicant, along with two two-inch white background and recent (within the last 6 months) color headshots (with one photo being pasted in the photo column on the application form). Online application form may be filled in online at the German Consulate website www.Shanghai.Diplo.de under the link "go to Germany information-visa requirements-visa application form" or under the website link https://Videx.Diplo.de, generating PDF file after completion. Finally sign your name on all the signature columns (totally three signatures are required). Please note that no manually filled application forms will be accepted.
Please note: by applications for a multiple entry visa, in the application form (under the 29th and 30th article) you shall fill in the date you wish to apply for a visa, rather than the date of your first time travel.
2. A signed passport (valid for at least 90 days after expiration of visa) and a photocopy of the photo page. We do not accept passports which are used for more than ten years since the date of issue. The passport must have at least two blank pages.
3. If employees of the member companies visit the mother company in Germany or other brother companies, they do not need to provide invitation letters; for visiting other companies, you must provide original invitation letters of the relevant German units (PDF format and the electronic version of the color prints are not recognized as originals). Letters of invitation must be written on the company headed paper of the inviting company. They must include contact information such address, phone and fax of the inviting party, and must contain the following information:
4. The dispatch letter of the Company
To be issued by a Chinese company, the dispatching letter must be originals (PDF format and the electronic version of the color prints are not recognized as the originals). The dispatching letter shall be written on the company headed paper by the dispatching company and must contain the contact information such as address, telephone and fax of the dispatching party. Dispatch letters must be written in English or German.
Dispatch letters shall include the following information:
5. The copy of business license stamped with the seal of the employing company
6. The name card of the applicant
7. If travel and living expenses are paid by the applicant himself, he needs to provide proof of payment ability, namely 3-6 months bank statements, with no need for certificate of bank deposit.
The travel medical insurance should be valid for all Schengen States, with insurance sum more than 30,000 Euros or more. And the valid insurance period should be consistent with the travel or cover the entire travel.
9. For employees of member companies whose registered permanent residence is not in the administration area, or foreign persons, they must provide proof of residence in the working place (for example: temporary residence permits, rental contracts, residence permit, etc.).
Visa application regulations for spouses and minor children of the employees of the member companies of German Chamber of Commerce:
If the spouses and minor children of the employees of the member companies of German Chamber of Commerce accompany them on the travel and have the same travel schedule and apply together for the visa, they do not need to submit the applications personally.
The spouses and minor children of the employees of the member companies of German Chamber of Commerce who accompany them on the travel shall submit the following documents:
Please note that, after the German Consulate reviews the application documents, it will decide whether it is necessary to interview the applicant. If the interview is necessary, we will notify the applicant. Visa applications documents must be submitted in full. Otherwise we will not be able to handle.
Business visa fee of the German Consulate General in Shanghai is 60 Euros (cash payments in RMB, according to the exchange rate on the day of settlement);
The handling fee of the German Industry & Commerce Taicang Co., Ltd. Shanghai Branch: RMB 200 Yuan (in cash).
After the review of the German Consulate General in Shanghai is complete, applicants can query online or by consulting phone: (021) 5081 5579, whether passports have been returned to the German Industry & Commerce Taicang Co., Ltd. Shanghai Branch. After confirming, they can go to this place to get the passport. Passport receiving hours are Monday to Friday 9:00-11:00, and 14:00-16:30.
The visa application processing department of the German Industry & Commerce Taicang Co., Ltd. Shanghai Branch has the following address:
20/F 1600 Century Avenue, Pudong New Area, Shanghai, 200122 P.R.C.
Fax: 021-6875 2653
According to the first paragraph of article 9 of the visa regulations, visa applications can be made three months before the scheduled departure, which helps to shorten the waiting time. Applicants should note to make earlier arrangements for their own profits.
The German Industry & Commerce Taicang Co., Ltd. Shanghai Branch accepts only private passports for visa application. Official and diplomatic passports should be sent through relevant provincial and municipal Foreign Affairs Offices to the German Consulate General in Shanghai directly.
The decision whether or not to issue visas lies by the German Consulate General in Shanghai. The German Consulate General in Shanghai is also entitled to require further documents and ask the person to a personal interview at the Consulate General (Address: 8/F, SOHO East Sea Plaza, No. 299 Tongren Road, Jingan District, Shanghai Postcode: 200040, Tel: 021-6032 6500, Website: www.shanghai.diplo.de, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org）.
The German Consulate General in Shanghai needs normally five to ten business days to audit the visa applications submitted by the German Industry & Commerce Taicang Co., Ltd. Shanghai Branch. The German Industry & Commerce Taicang Co., Ltd. Shanghai Branch needs further one day respectively for collection of documents and for distribution of visas. The German Consulate General in Shanghai and the German Industry & Commerce Taicang Co., Ltd. Shanghai Branch urgently request the applicants not to ask visa situation before the end of the audit period.